Re: [epf-dev] EPF Scrum Model Analysis

Julio,

thanks to your help I could get the tool running and did upload and
analyse some of my custom EPF method. A few observations:

- I am not sure that a complete chain of tasks must be ensured, as this would already imply a process (i.e. sequence) which according to SPEM should be separated from the artifacts
- the one sigma flagging seems to be working well for me, I immediately
found the well known "big" tasks/work products
- two roles have sometimes one, sometimes two connections. This changes when moving the object in the graph, a glitch or interpretable difference? - Regarding associated guidelines I would agree to the comment of Chris that a well documented artifact would suffice - In more complex methods where I heavily use the different "content variability" types of EPF composer across plug-ins the artifacts occur repeatedly in your graphs with different linkages (I initially had the same issue in my Java scripts)

Overall I belief your approach and tool to be very useful, I will suggest a walkthrough based on it with my client and keep you posted on the results.

Regards
Dr. Gunter E. Seidel
Ph.D. Information Management
http://project-office.gunter-seidel.de

Julio Ariel Hurtado Alegría wrote:
To "EPF Scrum" community.

In the context of our work about software process models
with AVISPA tool(http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/ProcessModel), we
have used your EPF version of Scrum for conducing
an analysis. We have found some problems the EPF process model definition,
this problems has been published in the International Chilean Conference
of Computer Science.

We hope that these results can be used to improve the process model
definition where it is possible.

Additionally, if it is possible, we would know about your agreements or
disagreements respect to the findings reported. The paper is attached to
this mail.

Thanks for your attention,

Julio Ariel Hurtado Alegría
PhD(c) Computer Science Student
Departamento de Ciencias de la computación
Universidad de Chile
Profesor Asociado
Departamento de sistemas
Universidad del Cauca - Colombia

The original MIME headers for this attachment are: