Re: [epf-dev] EPF Scrum Model Analysis

Julio,

thanks for the response. Even with the Moose download the compilation did not succeed. I received a number of errors attached below, each time I proceeded until the final repeating error. Any suggestions?

As for my approach to test model integrity I check conditions as:
- WORKPRODUCT without responsible ROLE
- WORKPRODUCT which are not output of a TASK
- TASK without executing ROLE
- TASK without WORKPRODUCT output
- ROLE without TASK (primary or supporting)
- ROLE which is responsible for WORKPRODUCT without being involved in TASK to generate it - some other formalities as belonging to disciplines or completeness of some custom categories

My tool parses the XML export of EPF Composer as well and flags textually any inconsistencies.

I am looking forward to use your approach to my custom method and its discussion.

Cordialmente,
Dr. Gunter E. Seidel
Ph.D. Information Management
http://project-office.gunter-seidel.de

---

"This package depends on the following classes:
  MalGraphNode
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  FAMIXGraphNode"

"You are about to load new versions of the following packages that have unsaved changes in the image. If you continue, you will lose these changes.

  Moose-Finder
  Moose-MondrianPaintings"

"This package depends on the following classes:
  MalGraphNode
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  MOLayerNode"

"MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "newFrom:" is nil" (with many more details I could not copy)

"MessageNotUnderstood: TextMorphEditor>>blinkParen" (with many more details I could not copy and repeatedly - here I got stuck)

---

Julio Ariel Hurtado Alegría wrote:
Dear Gunter,

You first must download Moose

http://www.moosetechnology.org/download

Then in this link you can find the code to dowload the tool:

http://squeaksource.com/@qwnstyMfw9ZGDraY/8DVQ0lOE

The code to run (doIt) is:

Gofer new
	squeaksource: 'ProcessModel';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfProcessModel';
	load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfProcessModel) perform: #loadDefault

Is "package" instead of "addPackage"(addPackage is deprecated)

I´m very interested in your experience developing similar tools, we can
establish some relevant comparisons. Respect to one standard deviation, it
was only a first approach where we hope that the tasks was defined in a
similar abstraction level(to more outputs more general, to less outputs
more detail) around the average. So, one standard deviation was used as a
filter (we analyzed 2-sigma and 3-sigma, but with one-sigma it was more
effective).

If you apply the tool to your client process and facilitates the
discussion about the tool benefits or problems it will be very important
for us. We are available to help you with the download and the discussion.

Hugs,

Julio Ariel

Julio,

thanks for sharing this analysis. I read the paper you referenced on the
website ("Software Process Model Blueprints") with interest, as I got a
few (by far less sophisticated) java tools developed to check model
integrity as well.

I did not succeed to regenerate the graphs you are basing the analysis
on though. The referenced sources are short on clear software
requirements to get the tool running (Pharo 1.1.1 or 1.1, Moose
4.0/1/2?). I always end up with errors or unresolved dependencies when
downloading/compiling from squeaksource.com/ProcessModel.html. Can you
point me to further how-to's or share insights on the set-up?

Unfortunately I cannot comment much on the SCRUM analysis as I deploy a
custom made process for my client. I would like to apply the tool to it
and discuss implications. In particular I would be interested to
understand why ONE standard deviation is your cut-off for erroneous
elements.

Rgds.
Dr. Gunter E. Seidel
Ph.D. Information Management
http://project-office.gunter-seidel.de

Julio Ariel Hurtado Alegría wrote:
To "EPF Scrum" community.

In the context of our work about software process models
with AVISPA tool(http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/ProcessModel), we
have used your EPF version of Scrum for conducing
an analysis. We have found some problems the EPF process model
definition,
this problems has been published in the International Chilean Conference
of Computer Science.

We hope that these results can be used to improve the process model
definition where it is possible.

Additionally, if it is possible, we would know about your agreements or
disagreements respect to the findings reported. The paper is attached to
this mail.

Thanks for your attention,

Julio Ariel Hurtado Alegría
PhD(c) Computer Science Student
Departamento de Ciencias de la computación
Universidad de Chile
Profesor Asociado
Departamento de sistemas
Universidad del Cauca - Colombia

The original MIME headers for this attachment are: