[epf-dev] Duplicate Related Elements in Guidance

Title: Duplicate Related Elements in Guidance

EPF Dev,

I have published my method library but have found that in the guidance there are duplicate related elements. These appear to relate to the original method content (tasks and work products), and every associated descriptor in capability patterns for the same content.

An example of what I see is as follows:

  • Risk List       > Original practice content (the replaced Risk List of my own sitting in another practice)
  • Risk List       > Capability pattern descriptor
  • Risk List       > Capability pattern descriptor
  • Risk List       > Capability pattern descriptor
  • Risk List       > Capability pattern descriptor

When I select the "Replace Descriptor page with linked content element page" when publishing, the links all take me to the same page (Original practice content).

However, if I do not, each page is sometimes slightly different, I presume this is because as I changed the original content the descriptors in the capability patterns did not update.

If this is the problem, how can I make EPF realise that the descriptors and the original method content are the same thing?

Another thing to note is that all of the OpenUP plugins are locked, only my own plug-ins are unlocked.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Kind Regards,

Jeff

PS. I am using Version: 1.5.1.1 of Eclipse Process Framework Composer

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within the Detica Limited group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.

Back to the top