Re: [epf-dev] Reminder: EPF meeting this Thursday, Dec 9, 8:00AM PST

Hi Bruce, Ricardo,
Unfortunately I can't make this meeting as I have a meeting already at that time.

I think SEMAT is a very interesting development and so I am willing to contribute in that area. This initiative to end the method wars (with Scrum as the sith lord?) and bring peace to software engineering galaxy has a big (should I say 'huge') overlap with the EPF open source initiative: also process framework, infrastructure, ecosystem, practices. The great ideas from IJC on practices are there. Where is EPF? So I think this alignment is a crucial step.

I have btw an presentation somewhere from some time ago from Dave West from IJC with a few slides that mention EPF. One slide contains a statement similar to "EPF effectively supports the three collaboration games of EssUP". This made me wonder because my feeling is that effective support would require a very big change of EPF. So the question if EPF can evolve is justified. An example is state, state transitions of the Kernel objects. A key thing in Essup to provide extensibility, in EPF state and state transitions are in (buried?) a completely different location as activity entry and exit states.  I’m sure we can wing it with EPF but not without EPF becoming too complicated to use and understand. Any worthwhile alignment will have a big impact on EPF IMHO.

Best Regards,

Onno