Re: [epf-dev] How to start EPFWiki as a service

Hi,

I can not find where we have a proxy server for internet access. The error I get with the yaml web site is that a username and password are required, but I don't know what that means.

John Zabel
Transformation Implementation
70 Metro Park
Rochester, NY 14623

Onno van der Straaten <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/23/2009 11:12 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] How to start EPFWiki as a service

Hi John,
I can access the site right now but I have experienced problems with accessing the gems as well in the past.

A common problem is when you are behind a proxy server. In that case you can append a switch to set the proxy server for example gem install xhtmldiff -p
http://myproxy.com:80. If the proxy requires authentication you can add username and password to the URL of the proxy server.

You can also download the gems manually from
http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems on a machine that access to the gem site. Transfer the gem to the server and then append the filename to gem install to install it.

HTH,
Onno

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM, <