[epf-dev] Translating Skins Files

Title: Translating Skins Files

We are using RMC, which uses an externalized form of the EPF skins files. I am attempting to translate the text in the resources.properties file into Japanese so that the heading text in the published pages is also in Japanese and am having no luck. I have changed the text to the right of the equals sign in several entries and have saved the file in UTF-8. However, when I do a Publish, the characters come out garbled. I tried this in German as well and characters with an umlaut are also garbled.

The translated methodology content comes out fine in the published pages. It is the text from resources.properties that is messed up.

I have been working with skins files for some time and have successfully made a number of modifications, including adding entries to resources.properties and changing existing entries.

I am running a PC with American English windows with support for East Asian languages installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark

Mark Lipp
Teradata Global Field Operations