RE: [epf-dev] EPF Outreach: Upload of Agile Business Analyst to Google Group

Hi Steve,

where can be this presentation found? definitelly it’s interesting for me. :-)

best regards

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Adolph
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:04 PM
To: 'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'
Subject: [epf-dev] EPF Outreach: Upload of Agile Business Analyst to Google Group

Hello Everyone:

I have uploaded a copy of a presentation I will do at SD West next month. This is a 90 minute talk (72 slides ouch!) derived from a 2 day tutorial I have developed. In the tutorial EPF figures much more prominently, but in a 90 minute talk all I can do is introduce EPF. Beyond the argument the BA role is not obsolete in the agile world (and in fact becomes much more relevant) the talk (and tutorial) is really about process design. I use EPF to illustrate the mechanics, but more importantly I introduce several patterns (only 4 of which I quickly introduce here) for guiding the decision making in software process design.  This is definitely the direction I would like to take our outreach activities - a focus on how to evaluate a situation, a project context, and design a software process appropriate for that situation. EPF is then a nice way to express that process and provide a structure for that process (roles, tasks, work products, guidance etc). Ultimately, I would like to see us have a certification course along these lines…

Anyways, the SD talk should give you a sample of the direction I think we should go in with this. Just one favour, since I have not yet presented this topic at SD West, I would appreciate if this did not get broadcast across the entire public domain yet until after the conference.

By the way if you are not a member of the EPF Outreach Google group, just drop me a line and I will send you an invitation.

best regards,

Steve

Back to the top