Re: [epf-dev] I'm applying for a korean translator

Hello Younghoe,

I am a committer on the EPF project.

Thanks for interest in OpenUP and offer to translate it to Korean.

Before you make the final decision to embark upon this effort I thought you should know that IBM/Rational has translated OpenUP and the EPF Practice Library to Korean.  The results of this work will be made available commercially as a set of plug-ins available for Rational Method Composer (RMC) in the March time frame. Since IBM has invested resources to translate this content,  the company has decided not to donate these translated plug-ins to the EPF project at this time.  Use of the commercial content will require an RMC license.  If you would like to learn more about the commercial offering feel free to contact me.

Having said that, you may still undertake to translate the content and donate it to EPF. However, since the cost of the commercial offering is quite low that may not be the most productive investment for your organization.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sibbald, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Senior Systems Engineer
Mobile: +1 (613) 266 - 5061
Fax: +1 (613) 739 - 4786
chris.sibbald@xxxxxxxxxx

"안영회" <ahnyounghoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/15/2009 07:07 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] I'm applying for a korean translator

Hi, OpenUP developers.

I'm a Korean SW consultant used RUP 6+ years and SCRUM 1 year in many software development projects.
Recently I found the OpenUP. I think it's pragmatic and helpful for many Korea projects.
So, I ask you whether there's any Korean translator.
If none translate the OpenUP in Korean, I want to translate with my colleagues.

Best Regards, Younghoe

Younghoe Ahn
SE Consulting Group/Consultant
Korea Spring User Group/President

email :
yhahn@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ahnyounghoe@xxxxxxxxx
c.p : +82-11-9034-5018
msn :
younghoe@xxxxxxxxx
google :
ahnyounghoe@xxxxxxxxx

ITwise Consulting, co. ltd.
#3030 ASEM Tower, 159-1, Samsung-dong,
Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-798, Korea
Tel : +82-2-6001-3046   Fax : +82-2-6001-3049