[epf-dev] Minutes of the January 21st Committer's Telecon

Ricardo managed to scratch a few notes during our telecon this morning - thank you Ricardo

Meeting notes: 1/21/2009

Participants: Ana, Steve, Ricardo

Discussion and actions:

-  Use Agile 2009 as a milestone to have the vision and outreach message, and some materials available.

- While there are software process design guidelines for software process engineers, most of those entrusted with the software process design or who need to design a software process do not have a lot of useful information or help available for them, The industry lacks training on how to design, build, and tailor process (in general) that is accessible to the average developer or PM who gets stuck with the problem of software process design.  As part of outreach we want to make training content for software process design  easily available. Training  material could start (associated risks, governance, etc), then adding elements of epf (practices, tool, etc) to serve as a "language" for process design and scaling

- Steve is working on training modules based on the presentation "agile grows up"  Portions of these modules should be available by the end of February and will be donated to Eclipse.

- We resurrected the idea of writing a book on a "red-book" model, getting people interested in a relatively short time frame (4-6 weeks) to put together a book around "agile grows up"  Steve will set up a collaborative works site (possibly a google group) to facilitate the work. Steve will try to assemble some kind of outline. It is strongly recommended that if you are interested in creating an EPF book, that we just start writing and toss whatever we have into the google group (or other repository) that we have some kind of starting point. After all , editing is easier than writing.

- Steve will outline objectives we need to reach and milestones to have this work going - on May time-frame we'd meet face to face to advance the work on the book. Steve will "ping" those who have expressed an interest in writing a book.

- Steve will factor in Ana's comments and polish the Vision doc, rename doc from "epf 1.6 vision" to "epf outreach vision", and finish the feature description list

- Steve has reserved a number of domain names including EPFAlliance.org  for an EPF outreach website. Now all we need is a home for the bits and someone who can design a website.

- We agreed that there is no need for a vision doc for epf 1.6, but project plan and iteration plans should be enough for specifying the scope of this release

- Ana is looking for assistance from a student to write the lean sigma practice

- Ana will propose a practices structure for Scrum plug-in

Back to the top