[epf-dev] Using the Google Calendar

Hello all,

I've been using the new Google calendar app that's our new EPF calendar, and there are a couple of minor things that are different from the Yahoo calendar so I wanted to make them clear.

The EPF calendar can be viewed in a variety of different ways:

  1. Link to it directly by going to http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">
  2. Add it to your list of local Google calendars by selecting "Settings" at the bottom of your list of calendars, enter "eclipse" in the search box and select "Search Public Calendars". You'll see the Eclipse Process Framework calendar that you can add to your list of calendars.
  3. Go to www.eclipse.org/epf. The EPF calendar is at the bottom of the page.

Even if you add the calendar to your list of local calendars, I don't think it will notify you of events (unless I'm doing something wrong). If you want notifications, or if you want to filter the events you see, you can create a new local calendar, e.g. "My EPF Events". Select an even in the EPF calendar and at the top you'll see a drop-down that says "More Actions...". Use that to copy the event to your local calendar. Then you can add any notifications you want (email, SMS, etc).

Only committers can add or change items in the calendar. I added all the committers I could think of but I'm sure I don't have all of you in there. If you're a committer and are unable to update the EPF calendar, let me know and I'll add you.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational Software
Method Architect, AM CoP