Re: [epf-dev] I won't be able to make the telecon this morning

Regarding the calendar issue, I suggest we move to Google Calendar, which wasn't available when we first set up the EPF Calendar. The Google version is much easier to use, integrates seamlessly with other Google calendar entries, and doesn't require the 2-step process to locate and add an entry to your local calendar. Calendar entries can be easily created or deleted by any committer. It also includes automatic email and SMS notifications for changes and cancellations.

Google calendar is available at www.google.com/calendar. You can add the EPF calendar I created for testing by selecting "Add" on the left side of the window and either searching for "eclipse" or using this URL: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ajhou9i17tuj63nm6iu7qpnot8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public/basic.ics .

I added some committers to the calendar for testing purposes. You can make changes and manage sharing of the calendar. I'll add all committers if we choose to switch calendars.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational Software
Method Architect, AM CoP
jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx
voice: 949.545.8912

Inactive hide details for Ricardo Balduino---11/05/2008 08:35:35 AM---Nate, Kim and I joined the call, but decided to postpone Ricardo Balduino---11/05/2008 08:35:35 AM---Nate, Kim and I joined the call, but decided to postpone any discussion until others are available

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

11/05/2008 08:35 AM

Re: [epf-dev] I won't be able to make the telecon this morning

Nate, Kim and I joined the call, but decided to postpone any discussion until others are available - hopefully next week?

Besides the pending "enablement discussion" there are two items that need to be taken care of:
- first the easy one: the EPF group calendar on Yahoo Groups need to be updated to show the Wednesdays meetings on the schedule moving forward, and suggestion is that when a meeting is cancelled that we remove the entry from the calendar so people do not receive notifications and join the call when there is no call planned.
- second, we have received notifications from Eclipse that our project meta-data needs to be refreshed, because it shows Release 1.5 (which hasn't been marked as completed) and nothing else. In order to update the timeline, we need at least to a) identify what is the next release number, b) identify when the release will occur (quarter number is fine), and c) have a link to a release plan.

I propose that we discuss those topics (and decide who takes care of the required updates) on the next calls. Maybe a representative from the tool team wants to join that part of the next release discussion as well.

Thanks,

Ricardo.