[epf-dev] Problems using EPF with CVS

I tried to use EPF with a CVS as described in the "Using Eclipse Process Framework Composer with a Version Control System" document on the EPF site.

I have the following issues:

When I share my project in CVS and later check it out on another computer, I end up with one directory containing the checked out CVS content at $USER_HOME\EPF\workspace.150\, including all the CVS folders and another copy of my library at \epf-composer-1.5\epf_practices, here without the CVS folders.

If I click on a folder in my Resources navigator, the project references the non-cvs version of the content at \epf-composer-1.5\epf_practices :(
How do get EPF to point to the CVS content version when I do a CVS check out?

Is the secret the epf.ini file, with the -data and -defaultlibrary settings?

I tried this configuration:
-data
@user.home/EPF/workspace.150
-defaultlibrary
@user.home/EPF/workspace.150/myEPFLibrary

Didn't change anything...

The .project file contains

OK, from the Resources navigator I can create a new project "from CVS", which checks out the project from CVS and adds it as a EPF project, with CVS markers.
I then import a Library from this location. But then I get all kinds of conflicts... just seems to attempt overwrite my previous library!?

I just don't understand how all this configuration is meant to work!

What is an easy fool proof way of adding a method plugin and configuration to CVS then having someone else check them out make changes and commit these changes back to the CVS repos?

What are the recommended CVS settings. If I don't use the epf_practices, but want them for read-only use.
I guess I should lock them? Does this prevent them from being added to CVS also (I hope so)?

Kind regards, Kristian

Back to the top