[epf-dev] EPF Install and configuration guide needed

The EPF installation includes a epf.ini file

-data
@user.home/EPF/workspace.150
-defaultlibrary
epf_practices

Seems like any EPF installation references/creates a folder $USER_HOME\EPF\workspace.150 (for data?) for its initial configuration and always creates a default library called /epf_practices.
What is the function of this data folder?

If I do a fresh install of EPF in a new place, it will still reference this folder (unless I clean the epf.ini file!). That was a bit confusing!

I tried to rename the folder it as $USER_HOME\EPF\xxx_workspace.150. Then when I open my new EPF installation it will create a new clean $USER_HOME\EPF\workspace.150 folder

I then import a project that I have checked out from CVS and work a bit. When I look in the /workspace.150 folder I have a /.metadata folder with a /.plugins folder underneath. Hows do these plugins relate to my installation(s)? I also have a /Configuration Import Project (7589dc01) folder with a single .project file !? Does this file relate to my imported libraries/plugins?

If I want to start up on a clean method library project with no use of the default EPF content, I first mark all the EPF_Practices folders to my .cvsignore file.
Is this a good way to do it?

Important:
Sometimes when I paste a Word document into EPF rich editor with textual references to network drive locations (as part of documentation) my /resources folder gets filled up with all kinds of junk!
A full CygWin installation and such. One time I ended up with more than a Gigabyte of junk in my resources folder!!!
Any way to add a filter on what may get included in a resources folder (globally, individually)?
Would be nice with some filepattern inclusion/exclusion rules, perhaps defaulting to images and common document extensions:
Image: jpg,gif,bmp, png, tiff, ...
Document: doc, docx, odt, rtf, ppt, xls, pdf, txt, ...

Back to the top