[epf-dev] CVS - data recovered

Hi everyone,

Good news. Data has been restored in CVS.
Thanks to the Eclipse webmasters and a few others who helped us recover data and test that everything is running OK now.
The data recovered is from yesterday morning (Pacific Time) so commits made after that need to be redone.

The EPF practices is now under a folder called EPF_Practices in CVS. Please update your workspaces to point to this location: org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Practices/
In fact, the safest bet is to create a new workspace, and checkout from CVS again, so you make sure you are pointing to the library available under this new folder.

A side note: we are freezing content for the release at 3PM Pacific Time today. Please commit all your work before that time.
I'll post another release candidate library and published to the EPF Web site after 3PM..

Thank you.

Ricardo Balduino.

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/19/2008 03:36 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] IMPORTANT: Data loss from CVS

Hi,

I've talked to our great Eclipse webmasters and they are in the process of recovering the lost files. They are recovering files from tape, which should take some time to complete. They promised to have everything restored tomorrow morning.
I'll do the sync with CVS tomorrow after I hear from them, and let you know that you can proceed with your work on CVS.

As you can imagine, the backup will recover files saved on tape early this morning (5AM ET today). If you committed work after this, you most likely will need to redo the work tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience. Please keep your local copies, so you can assess if you lost any commits.

Btw, the affected folders were:

org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Practices_Library/
org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Method_Authoring/
org.eclipse.epf/libraries/OpenUP/

I'll keep you posted if I have more information. And let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/19/2008 01:57 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] IMPORTANT: Data loss from CVS

Dear committers (mostly content committers)

We've experienced some weird behavior in CVS today. It looks like all the files from the content folders in CVS have been moved to Attic folders (like being deleted). The original folder structure is intact though - only files were deleted. And other structures, like tool, website, etc, have not been affected.

We need a way to revert those files back from Attic to their original locations. I'm talking thousands of files, most likely, so I've contatcted Eclipse webmasters asking for their help to revert to previous state.

The impacted folders are under: /home/data/cvs/technology/org.eclipse.epf/libraries/

Please refrain from doing any interaction with CVS until further notice. Do not commit work, or you may loose what you commit when we restore the previous files. Do not try to checkout or sync with CVS either, as the files are not in their original locations and your local view of CVS may be affected during a sync.

I'll keep you posted when I hear back from Eclipse webmasters.

Thank you for your patience,

Ricardo Balduino.