[epf-dev] Problems encountered using EPF Wiki 1.5 RC1

Hi,

I recently installed the EPF Wiki in C:\InstantRails2.0 (closely following the EPF wiki install guide).
I spent a day experimenting with it. When I executed InstantRails.exe the first time, it asked if I would reset the configuration files.
I only worked when I answered "OK". Without a user guide at hand I stumbled into some roadblocks. The \templates 20080828\ project site seemed to work just fine on the surface, but ... From the front page of http://myepfwiki/

I choose "Create new page in ..." - "Templates"
I get the error: No such file or directory - C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps/EPFWiki/public/bp/templates_20080828/new/guidances/termdefinitions/term_definition_template_A1183691.html

I don't have a C:/INSTAN~1.0 directory :(

Seems like some of the configuration files have not been reset!? I then tried to publish a site from EPF 1.5M3 and import it into EPF Wiki. The published site is a directory of static web files.
I then zip it and try to import. I get one folder level too much. OK, I must zip, not the containing folder but the files inside directly.

Another options seems to be to copy the site folder directly into: C:\InstantRails2.0\rails_apps\[EPFWiki]\public\wikis Initially the Wiki tells me there are 0 pages in this newly created site.

I look at the \templates 20080828\ project site and notice that it has a folder "new" containing all the content.

Magically, when I rename a folder such as \base_concepts\ (containing OpenUP base concept definitions) to \new\, suddenly I am told the Wiki has found 560 pages.
As I browse through the list of pages, I can see that the Wiki has only found the pages within the \new\ folder.
I then try to create a new page: No such file or directory - C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps/EPFWiki/public/bp/templates_20080828/new/guidances/termdefinitions/term_definition_template_A1183691.html

So it seems, that my new Wiki has the same wrong configuration as the default \templates ...\ project. What to do!?

I then do a search for files with text matching "INSTAN~1.0" inside C:\InstantRails2.0 I find a log file, unzip_upload.log: Archive:  C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps/EPFWiki/public/bp/Publish2..zip    creating: C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps/EPFWiki/public/bp/Publish2./Publish2/   inflating: C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps/EPFWiki/public/bp/Publish2./Publish2/about.htm

I then make an educated guess that C:/INSTAN~1.0 must refer to C:\InstantRails1.0 as the file structure referenced matched that of C:\InstantRails2.0

I wonder if I could make the Wiki work simply by renaming C:\InstantRails2.0 to something where C:/INSTAN~1.0/rails_apps becomes a valid filelocation?
What have I been doing wrong in my installation process? Any ideas out there?
I sure hope an EPF Wiki User Guide is in the works...

Kristian

Back to the top