RE: [epf-dev] Please review and add to EPF Release Review

Hi Per,

If you feel it is worth including (slide 10), I also had a paper published in the UK journal Quality World  published by the Chartered Quality Institute.  Reference below:

Chris Sibbald, “The Problem with Process”, Quality World, December 2007

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Sibbald, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Senior Systems Engineer
Mobile: +1 (613) 266 - 5061
Fax: +1 (613) 739 - 4786
chris.sibbald@xxxxxxxxxx

Per Kroll <pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2008 05:47 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Bingxue Xu <bxu@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] Please review and add to EPF Release Review

Hi,

this is close to final. All comments received so far have been incorpoated.

Bing, please do changes directly in the attached.

Cheers

 /Per
Per Kroll
STSM, Chief Architect
IBM Rational Expertise Development & Innovation (REDI)
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
(M) 408-219-2963   |   pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx

"Straaten, Onno van der" <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2008 03:58 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "EPF Dev " <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] Please review and add to EPF Release Review

Hi Per,
Here are my comments and additions:

Slide 3: Major themes
I'm not sure about "Wiki is aware of process structure". That made me think but I think I understand we say  that there basically is a Wiki capability that is not separate from but works together with EPFC that allows you to manage changes, discussions so they can be used to update the library. A colleague of mine once referred to this a round-trip improvements.

Slide 5: EPF 1.5 features - EPF Wiki
- Multiple EPFC created processes can be used and managed as Wikis
- Portal-like functionality as easy entry point to processes with recent discussions and changes, top users, about page, archives
- WYSIWYG editing of textual content
- Templates
- File Attachments
- RSS feeds
- Harvesting support: review changes, uploads, comments
- Visualization of differences between versions
- Email for user registration, notifications and reports

Slide 9: Non-code Aspects
- EPF Wiki installation Guide
- EPF Wiki Development Guide

Slide: 21: Example companies...
Company name change from LogicaCMG to Logica and I propose to make it more concise:

Logica
Has used EPF to create a a framework for business intelligence (BI Framework) and has donated Wiki technology (EPF Wiki) to the EPF project.