[epf-dev] Feedback: EPF download section of the website

Hi,

I used and continue to follow OpenUP, and it's good to see changes. What's is sad is to see that the feedback system is still so bad, and the website doesn't help much.

First of all is the website http://www.eclipse.org/epf/ that doesn't introduce clearly what EPF, OpenUP and other elements present are. Worse, the download section doesn't tell anything about the meaning or content difference between OpenUP, OpenUP-DSDM, OpenUP-ABRD, or EPF Practices Library. All are related to the published OpenUP, just don't know which one to choose for what.

The feedback system should be a simple form on the website that users can fill in. This avoids spams while making feedback as easy as possible. Currently there isn't even any message saying "1. Subscribe your email to our system [here]; 2. Wait for confirmation and confirm you email; 3. Send us your request at ....".

OpenUP is pretty clear. It always makes me wonder why Eclipse website and Eclipse related projects pages are so messy and lake of basic information.

Thanks,
Werner

Back to the top