[epf-dev] meeting minutes - 03/12/2008

EPF Content Call

When: 03/12/2008 - 8AM PDT

Participants: (sorry, I didn't catch some last names)
        Jim Ruehlin
        Bjorn Gustafsson
        David Hadley
        Jerome Boyer
        Margaret Hedstrom
        Kelli Houston
        Srinidhi
        Nate Oster
        Steve Adolph
        Ricardo Balduino
        Per Kroll
        Joe Barbarada
        Kim

Meeting notes and observations:

1) The practices library has been made available in CVS in the customary location for libraries under development (same as OpenUP, Scrum, etc).
- connect EPF Composer to CVS at this location: org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Practices_Library
- for "view" access to the files (viewcvs): http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Practices_Library/?root=Technology_Project

2) Coordination between contributors and committers is expected to happen. We have new contributors joining the project (e.g. from IBM and ATS), and they don't have write-access to CVS.
Each practice lead is expected to interact with contributors (and committers, in case lead is not a committer) to discuss evolution of their practices and make sure content gets committed to CVS accordingly. We need further discussion on this topic on next meetings.

3) Bugzilla
There is (at least) one Bugzilla entry per discipline to capture work being done in the practices library. In order to search for those items more easily, we added prefix [PracLib] to their descriptions.

4) Resources for new contributors
One source of information for new contributors is the EPF web site, where one finds information on how to join the epf-dev distribution list (this list) and newsgroup, create an account in Bugzilla, access the EPF Wiki and so on. Please visit www.eclipse.org/epf

5) Method Authoring guidelines
Kelli Houston gave us an overview of the method authoring guidelines. There are 20 or so guidelines that explain how to set up the environment for authoring methods, then sketch, structure and detail a method and its elements. These guidelines provide the basis for creating content under the proposed practices library structure.
Kelli will proceed with some clean up of what she presented today and make it available soon. This set of guidelines has been built as plug-ins in EPF Composer. They should be added to CVS as any other library we currently have. We also discussed it should be zipped and made available for download from the EPF web site, as well as (and most importantly, as per participants opinions) added to the EPF Wiki in order to promote easy access and feedback. We hope that this community can help us evolve the guidelines.

6) Other topics
Next meeting (3/19 - 8AM PDT) - present in more details the underlying method framework that supports the practices library. Conference info to be sent.

All, please add to it in case I missed anything.

Thanks,

Ricardo Balduino

Rational Software, IBM Corp. (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.com/epf)