[epf-dev] News group posting on Practices

Hi, FYI,
I just posted the below note to the newsgroup. Hope to see you in tomorrow's meeting. I am presenting on among others OpenUP at a seminar, and may be a few minutes late. Bruce and Ricardo will walk through status of practice library, and discuss what are next steps to complete it.

------------------
The EPF project is entering a new exciting phase!

When we first launched EPF, our vision was to build a practice library allowing you to select practices to adopt, one at the time. This better mimics how many people do process improvement. You may strive to adopt a process, but you get there by adopting a practice at the time. It avoids fighting over what process is better, and instead focuses the debate on a more productive discussion, what practices make sense for your context.

The realization of this vision is now getting much closer. IBM has taken OpenUP, and refactored it into 11 practices which now have been contributed back to EPF. Next major release of EPF aims at completing this practice library. You can leverage this practice library to recreate Scrum (with Scrum roles), something similar to Scrum + XP , or recreate OpenUP (with OpenUP roles). You can add or remove practices as desired. You can create your own practices. You are in control. You choose…

This is a major internal milestone. Check out current practices under development at EPF Wiki, http://epf.eclipse.org/wikis/epfpraclib/ . Still a lot of work left to do, but it is getting there...

We would love to get your feedback. Do we have the right practices? Do the practices have the right content? Make your comments directly in the Wiki. Make posts to this newsgroup or to epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx .

We would love to get your involvement in the development of this practice library. Sign up to develop a practice. Or parts of practice. Send an e-mail to epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx if you want to get involved.

The EPF team is looking forward to your feedback, your adoption, and your contributions.

Cheers

Per Kroll
EPF Project Lead

-----------------
Cheers

  /Per
Per Kroll
STSM, Chief Architect
IBM Rational Expertise Development & Innovation (REDI)
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
(M) 408-219-2963   |   pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/19/2008 04:55 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev]         Conference information - EPF Content Call on 2/20, 8AM PST

Hello all,

Here's the conference information for our meeting tomorrow.

Toll-free dial-in:                    1-877-421-0025

Toll dial-in:                             1-770-615-1242

IBM Tie-line dial-in:             421-0025

Participant passcode:        876927

JOIN THE WEB CONFERENCE

 1) Join the conference up to 20 minutes prior to 8:00 AM at 2/20/2008
 2) Direct your web browser to the following URL:      http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/webconferences/center/meetingdetails.jsp?meetingId=05ED636644938960A0ACE9D4EAE0364F
 3) When prompted, enter the web conference password:
praclib4you

PREPARE FOR THE WEB CONFERENCE

- Meeting participants
 + A userid and password is not required to enter the meeting.
 + A meeting password is required.
 + Browsers supported
     Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP Professional
     Mozilla 1.7.12 on Windows XP Professional
     Mozilla 1.7.6 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.0 or Novell Linux Desktop 9.0
     Firefox 1.5 on Windows XP Professional, RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.0, and Novell Linux Desktop 9.0
 + Java JDK/JRE supported
     IBM or Sun JDK/JRE 1.4.2 or later - Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP Professional
     IBM or Sun JRE 1.4.2 or later - RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.0 and Novell Linux Desktop 9.0

     - To determine whether you have Java installed, and what version you have, for
       Microsoft (R) Internet Explorer, for example, click Tools - Internet Options, and then
       click Advanced. For other Microsoft(R) Windows(R)-based browsers, check the Java Control panel.
       IBM users can Download the latest version of Java from ISSI.
       External customers can Download the latest version of Java from Sun Microsystems
       Web site at http://www.java.sun.com

     - Additional Browser setting Help can be found at :
https://www-1.ibm.com/collaboration/webconferences/center/stmtghelp/en/H_MAKING_YOUR_BROWSER_WORK_WITH_SAMETIME_3308_OVER.html

 + If this is your first IBM Web Conference, attend the special "test"
   meeting to make sure that you can join easily.  Please visit
   http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/webconferences/center/meetingwizard.jsp
   and click "Attend a test meeting"
 + Help is available at
   http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/webconference/help/index.html
 + Leave the meeting or close your browser at the end of the meeting.

IBM Web Conferences is powered by the IBM Lotus Sametime product.
For more information on IBM's internal deployment of Sametime Web conferencing:
https://www-1.ibm.com/collaboration/webconference/help/what_features_functions_enabled_IBM_wc_offering.html

For more information on the Lotus Sametime product: http://www.ibm.com/lotus/sametime

To make a suggestion or ask questions, visit
http://ibmforums.ibm.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=889

Ricardo Balduino

Solution Architecture (SOLAR) Community of Practice
IBM Rational Expertise Development and Innovation

Rational Software, IBM Corp. (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.com/epf)