RE: [epf-dev] EPF Kernel and Agile 2008

Hi Kirti,

this sounds really interesting. I would love for you to look at our refactored EPF practice library, and see how well it fits with what you have.
The objective is to make it much easier to do the things that you talk about.
One set of practices constitute Scrum, other set of practices constitute OpenUP, and so on.

Note that this was the original vision of EPF, but we had issues around executing on practices at that time... I think we are now starting to implement the vision we originally presented.
I suggest that the IBM committers present the reactoring we have done of OpenUP into a set of loosely coupled practices. Looks really cool if you ask me...

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
(M) 408-219-2963

"VAIDYA Kirti" <KVAIDYA@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/09/2008 08:19 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] EPF Kernel and Agile 2008

An interesting topic. As fyi, at CSC/Covansys we are migrating our ScrumUP agile process using EPF Composer. ScrumUP is Scrum at its heart, but uses the milestone objectives and architectural focus of UP. It is expressed in terms of work components and is being used for multi-site teams.

Thanks,
Kirti

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List