Re: [epf-dev] Feature-Driven Development EPFC Model

Hi Lukas,

this is great. I think you have two options:
1) Make this available as 'free-ware", allowing people to download it from your University site, your personal site, or Eclipse plug-in central, see http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/Web_Links-index-req-viewcatlink-cid-878.html
You still control the content, and people can access it, and we are happy to try to promote it, through inclusion in slides and links from Website

2) Make it true Open Source. This requires going through a legal process (it will take probably 2-3 months) where you contribute all the rights to Eclipse. For this, you also need to make a committment to continue maintaining it (such as upgrade it when we do releases of EPF Composer with meta-model changes, or based on community feedback). You also need to showcase that you have consumers interested in it. In short, we would like you to build a community around it. We would encourage you to find other people interested in involving the content, so it is a community effort.
What we want to avoid, is that somebody donates stuff, which then lays around and get stale, and is primarily unused...

So, either of those options are good options, giving "free" access to people. Number 2 is considerably more cumbersome, but if you can build a community and make people exciting about what you have done, it can also enable a broader usage.

Let us know what you think is the preferred path (and by the way, you can start with 1) and then move to 2) as you get people excited about what you have done, but once in 2), you can never go back, you do not own your work anymore.)

Cheers

Per Kroll
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
(M) 408-219-2963

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/04/2007 08:31 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Feature-Driven Development EPFC Model

Lukas,

Thanks for letting us know about your work.

In order to be officially available in the EPF web site, any material needs to be contributed (or formally consented) by its owners, meaning that there needs to be an agreement that the material is going to be open source and available under the EPL license (http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.php).

Please let us know if that is your intent, then we will proceed from there.

Regards,

Ricardo Balduino
IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

"Lukas Simon" <lukas.simon@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2007 03:06 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Feature-Driven Development EPFC Model

***********************
Warning: Your file, FDD EPFC Model.ZIP, contains more than 32 files after decompression and cannot be scanned.
Warning: Your file, FDD EPFC Model Publish.zip, contains more than 32 files after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********************

Dear EPF members,

I am student at Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava Faculty of
Informatics and Information Technologies. I am finishing master degree in
Software Engineering in January 2008. The title of my diploma thesis is
"Application programs of software projects" (Annotation is attached). In
this project I created (with assistance of my supervisor Jan Masaryk)
Eclipse Process Framework model for method Feature-Driven Development.
(EPF (version 1.0.1.2) model for method FDD is attached in .zip format). I
have noticed that on official EPF site are published only methods OpenUP,
Scrum and XP. Please, can you publish my EPF model for FDD on the official
EPF site (e.g. version 0.1)? I am willing to perform any necessary changes
that have to be done.
I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Lukas Simon
[attachment "Annotation.pdf" deleted by Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM] [attachment "FDD EPFC Model.ZIP" deleted by Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM] [attachment "FDD EPFC Model Publish.zip" deleted by Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM] _______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx