From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mark.Dickson@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:39 PM
To: Epf
Subject: Re: [epf-dev] OpenUP Summary Graphic

My 2cents

I talked through this diagram with someone new to OpenUP recently and
the gears idea really worked for them. The concept that actual work
pushes the project through the phase milestones rather than the team
being pushed through an arbitrary phase plan seemed to work well in
discussion.
I agree with the idea that the micro-increment should have a build
product associated with it. What we label it is open for discussion but
it should be distinguished from a "shippable build".
During discussion (and not for the first time) I found myself flipping
back to the classic RUP humpback diagram to emphasise that there is
activity from many disciplines in a phase increment - the old "iterative
not waterfall" discussion still lives :-). I seem to recall a discussion
about dropping this approach from our graphic but this may have created
a gap in the message.
Overall though, the response to the graphic has been vet positive, in my
experience.
Cheers
Mark

Mark Dickson