RE: [epf-dev] EPF Metamodel extensions

Hello Onno.
Are saying that it would be actually better to use Custom Categories to model Practices for now?  The only other difference left is the text attributes, right?

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
Rational Method Composer | Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
Tel.: +1 (408) 463-5096

"Straaten, Onno van der" <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/02/2007 03:55

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] EPF Metamodel extensions

Hi Peter,
I think I understand the rationale, but shouldn't we have the 'back links' checkbox feature for the referenced elements of a practice as well?

We are recording the scope and status of our CMMI compliance (and compliancy for other models) using 'practices'. A logical choice and the CMMI plugin from IBM Rational also uses practices.

So now we know how CMMI Level 3 compliant our processes are, but another use for this information is in projects, we also expect some projects to perform the process on that level, and so in that case we think it is very usefull to be able to see that certain elements play a role in realizing certain practices.

Best Regards,
Onno

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List