Re: [epf-dev] EPF Metamodel extensions

Hi JJ,

Currently the EPF metamodel is quite strict, although we've had discussions about allowing user extensions (like user-defined guidance types and role assignment types
to support RACI).

In the meantime you can put such information in a table, as described in the following Rational Edge article by Mark Lines http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/feb07/lines/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX15&S_CMP=EDU

Another workaround (credit to Margaret Hedstrom for this idea) - you could create a plug-in that has a contributing work product for every work product in your library, and add the RACI information as text to the "key considerations" field.
For example, if for the Vision work product you want Architect and Stakeholder roles to be consulted, and Tester and Developer to be informed, then
you could add the following text to a contributing Vision work product.

Consulted:

Informed:

Bruce MacIsaac
Manager - RUP/OpenUP Content Team
bmacisaa@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408)463-5140

"Jean-Jacques Dubray" <jdubray@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/24/2007 03:11 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] EPF Metamodel extensions

not sure this is the correct place to pose this question but I am evaluating EPF for our needs and I ran into a snag. I can't find a place to associate our RACI roles to a work product (responsible, accountable, consulted and informed). I found a way to associate a role to a work product via a responsible association.

Is there anyways I could expand EPF's metamodel to add an accountable, consulted and informed category in the role's work product tab?

thanks,

JJ-