|[epf-dev] Monday Morning EPF Enablement Call (and possible homework)|
If its Friday, it must mean that our Monday morning enablement call is coming up soon….:-) The following list are the bugzilla issues I have opened to track the enablement issues.
In my personal view, we are in “iteration 0” of the inception phase of an EPF/OpenUP marketing project. I would like if we could perhaps come up with some kind of vision for this project. So here is a bit of homework for the weekend, think about what we want to achieve (create enablement materials to support the introduction and acceptance of OpenUP?) and some vague idea of project scope (what should our target dates be? When do the issues/tasks identified here become irrelevant, Summer 2008? Winter 2008? Later? Earlier?)
For Monday’s agenda could we discuss:
1) Think about signing up to take an issue to drive it (at least for now).
2) See if we cannot prioritize some of these issues (for example, perhaps getting a poster or two out and at least something we could use as a 90 minute course should be our priority? Or should it be getting an OpenUP.org website up?)
3) Play with some possible target dates.
4) Develop some strategy for getting an OpenUP.org website up and running.
5) Additional outreach items?
Remember, we have done some amazing work in the last 18 months to create EPF/Composer and OpenUP. However, these products are not going to introduce themselves to the community on their own. In my personal opinion, our number one task is to provide the time and resources that we provided for the creation of these products to their enablement. As a bit of humour, the difference between an agile process like XP and a process anyone of us may have also created for a customer, is Kent Beck wrote a book about his experience. Just something to think about over the weekend …. Call details