RE: [epf-dev] Wednesday Release Planning Call

Lyndon,

Personally, I like the mixed nature of the mailing list, but I see what you mean.  It’ll be great when there’s so much traffic that is exclusively about the EPF Composer tool, that we just can’t keep mixing process and method content discussion with the tool discussion.  At that point, I’ll gladly back anyone’s motion to create a separate list.

For now, though, I like the cross-pollination effect.  I can be a “lurker” on the Scrum stuff (which I read with interest, but haven’t responded to yet), but active on the OpenUP content discussion.  Occasionally, I’ll jump in on a tools question.

As for where EPF starts and OpenUP finishes – that’s a fair concern, especially if we start having Scrum Alliance folks wondering if EPF Composer, as a tool, is an “OpenUP thing.”  ;)  Historically, OpenUP was intended as the first of several “example processes” that would ship with the EPF tool.

Ideally, I’d love to see more distinct communities develop around several complete processes, without losing the ecosystem effect that the EPF Composer’s plug-in architecture provides.  Can we help clarify your concern without isolating the Scrum folks?

Thanks,

Nate