[epf-dev] Issue with Activity Diagrams on a Delivery Process after publishing

I am looking at using EPF Composer to maintain and publish the software methodology at a company I am currently working at. At the moment I am developing a 'proof of concept' model and just loving EPF Composer. However there appears to be an issue and I can't quite figure out if I'm using the wrong publishing options or it's a real bug.

Issue: When publishing output as a static web site I get broken links on any Activity Diagrams associated with a Delivery Process. These Activity Diagrams are shown in the Workflow section of the Delivery Process-> Work Break Down Structure tab. The odd thing though is that this only occurs if I view the output from a web server (i.e using http://....). If I view the output on a file server (i.e opening the index.htm directly through Windows Explorer) the Activity Diagrams display without any problems.

When I checked the properties of the Activity Diagrams I noticed an extra '/' was being added to the url during publication (i.e file:///C:/EPF/Publish/QFED/QFED/deliveryprocesses//resources/qfed_lifecycle_35669BF6_35669bf6_Activity.jpeg ...... the //resources is the problem). Further research revealed that a bunch of htm files in the \deliveryprocess subdirectory and a couple of _javascript_ files reference the Activity Diagram by using '....//resources/.....' as part of the url. If I manually edit these files and correct the url to '.../resources/...' the issue is resolved and I can view the output correctly even from a web server.

Since there is no way to view the HTML for a Delivery Process within Composer, and the issue doesn't manifest itself on a file server (or just viewing it directly from your C: drive) I was a bit perplexed when I moved the website to a web server and discovered the broken links. Am I just publishing incorrectly or is this a bug?

Thanks

Andy Carpenter.

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.

Back to the top