Re: [epf-dev] Problem after migrating

Raphael,

We are working on a maintenance release to fix some of the issues uncovered in 1.2 release. At this stage,
there is no new functionality or refactoring, only selected bug fixes. It is safer to use the nightly build at
this stage, but, nightly build always carries the risk of build issue and accidental code breakage. We are
shooting to have a maintenance release out by early September.

Charlie Yan
IBM Sr. Dev Manager
EPF Composer Dev Lead
Phone: 408-463-5137

"Raphael Parree" <rparree@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/23/2007 12:39 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Problem after migrating

Hi,

We encountered a serious problem after migrating from 1.0.2a to 1.2 (stable). During publication not all files where produced resulting in broken links to tasks and other process and method elements. The problem also manifests itself by not allowing a preview during authoring,
We have tested one of these items (a task) and tried to find the problem. The problem in this case seems to be a linked guideline which uses custom icons. When clearing the large icon the problem is solved. Apparently there is a problem while obtaining the URI to the icon image. We have placed the icon images in a separate method plug-in (in the lines of a base plug-in).

Using a nightly build (20-aug) solves this problem and we are capable of publishing without apparent problems.
Question we have is it safe to use the nightly build more particular: does this nightly build only include bug fixes and no new functionality or refactorings?

Thanks in advance!

epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx