[epf-dev] methodology zoo

Chris,

Xtreme safety critical software, sounds like a reason to walk everywhere roflmao.

I work in defence and have more method than process issues as some certification schemes require method adherence and so bundling the method descriptions up in a useable, controlled, form to support, deployment, tailoring, training and utilisation, has generally been a pig.

EPF goes some way to solving that, though the publishing side needs a little work and I can't convince anyone to include workflow and authorisations, nor content management, as people seem not to be able to understand that configuration control is about visibility of engineering authorisation and cvs check in/out is a poor substitute for a full audit trail - even for process descriptions.

Tools like AuthorIt resemble the paradigm I am thinking of. So a little JCR backend and ECM would work a treat, even if it was EPF bundled with a JSR-168 export mode that would be a start.

By the by, I think a DO178B plugin would be a great community spirited thing for APG, plus up your visibility ;)

Asterion

Per, thanks for the plug about TOGAF and EPF! BTW, you can see the
preliminary version of the TOGAF EPF Proof-of-Concept at
www.aprocessgroup.com/togaf.

Asterion, APG also had thoughts for a DO-178B plugin of some sorts as we
have some aerospace clients that would benefit from it...

Thanks, Chris ~:|

Chris Armstrong ~:|
President
Armstrong Process Group, Inc.
651.491.5575 c
715.246.0383 f
6514915575@xxxxxxxxxxx cell message
 <http://www.aprocessgroup.com/> www.aprocessgroup.com
    "proven practical process"
Come see APG at:

Advertisement: Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=july07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

Back to the top