Re: [epf-dev] Remove /Basic from OpenUP/Basic

I understand your concern about impact on any extensions.

I'm reticent with these changes now, because we have ~100 files checked out for copy-editing. We exported HTML files using RMC so the copy-editor could work on them, then we are going to import them back.
If we change file names, hopefully the tool will still look for the elements IDs and import correctly.
There is also the question if CVS will still understand that those files where checked out, even after we change names across the library.

Those are my questions... at the end of the day, everything may work fine though.
Any experiences out there that warrant us moving ahead and making those changes to the library given the scenario we have today?
Please let me know.

Ricardo Balduino
IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/30/2007 09:34 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Remove /Basic from OpenUP/Basic

Hi,

my major concern is what changes are required to names of files, plug-ins, libraries, etc. The reason for that is that those changes would impact any extensions. If we wait until we got files back from editing, we are doing these changes 2 weeks before release. Is that too late?

Is my fear warranted? Does it make sense to do all changes to file names, plug-ins, libraries now, and to the files that are locked for ediring once they are back?

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
(M) 408-219-2963

"Jaana Nyfjord" <jaana@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/26/2007 11:47 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Remove /Basic from OpenUP/Basic

Hi all!

Find enclosed a list of pages where the "/Basic" is used (bug 191330 -
reconsider the OpenUP/Basic moniker). The list is 3 pages.

It is suggested that we find a person that takes on the task of removing
the "/Basic", and who also double checks that I didn't miss any occurrence
of the "/Basic". Would any of you be able to take this on?

Cheers
Jaana N.[attachment "Bug 191330_june25.doc" deleted by Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM] _______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx