Re: [epf-dev] New GMF based diagrams

Hello Maciel.
You might have see already that the new editor allows drawing some free-form objects that you find under the geometric shape toolbox.

You can also replace the diagram with an external image such as a Vision capture (e.g. as a gif).  To do that create a Supporting Material guidance element, add the image to the Main Description field (using the Add Image button). Then right-click the activity you want to see that image being used for and select Diagrams -> User Defined Diagrams... In the dialog select your Supporting Material element to replace the activity diagram. The reason why you create a Supporting Material page first and not select the image directly is that because the Supp Mat element allows you creating an html image map with hotspots in the html editor as well.

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
Rational Method Composer | Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
Tel.: +1 (408) 463-5096

"Maciel, Eduardo" <eduardo.maciel@xxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/17/2007 06:33

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] New GMF based diagrams

Hello,

   I´d like to know if there is intention to enable diagrams customization or some way to import different diagrams file formats in epf.

   I mean that I´d like to be able to mix activity diagrams with other diagrams (not necessarily UML diagrams, but more like illustrations, etc). Some drawing capabilities as found in tools like Visio, OpenOffice Draw, etc would empower graphical presentation capacity of EPF.

   I´m not suggesting to implement a full featured drawing tool. It would be enough being possible to import some graphical file formats, so you can draw in your preferred drawing tool and only “link” these diagrams to method elements.

   Currently I´m drawing visually richer diagrams in other tool, saving a .gif and a MAP and I´m using user defined diagrams, but it´s not pleasant to maintain every link manually.

   Congratulations for this great tool you created.

Regards,

epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx