RE: [epf-dev] Spanish translation proposal (or again, the translation topic)

Aitor, there is a new published Wiki site that can be used for translation of OpenUP to Spanish.
Thanks to Onno Straaten for making that available.

The link to EPF Wiki is: http://www.epfwiki.net/
Or the direct link to OpenUP SP Wiki is: http://openupsp.epfwiki.net.

In CVS, you also find the baselined OpenUP library (English version) that all languages are using as starting point.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.epf/nl_libraries/OpenUP/?root=Technology_Project

Thanks for helping us expand the EPF community with the upcoming availability of OpenUP in one more language!
Gracias,

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

Ricardo Balduino/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2007 08:27 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] Spanish translation proposal (or again,        the translation topic)

Aitor, great news.

We have been using the EPFWiki to facilitate the translation effort.
We currently have two variants of OpenUP Wikis (other than the English version): Portuguese and Russian.
Contributors are making the translation directly in the Wiki, where others can provide quick feedback.

It's important to use Bugzilla to capture a bug describing distribution of work, plans for achieving a first release, etc.

At some point in time, committers will harvest the translated material using the mechanisms expected by Eclipse organization.

There is a document available that explains part of this process (not the use of the Wiki itself, but the creation of baselines to start work, and more):
(http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.epf/docs/Translating%20Method%20Content%20Guideline.rtf?cvsroot=Technology_Project&content-type=text/htm)

Let me synch up with Onno (LogicaCMG) so we make a OpenUP_SP Wiki available for the Spanish translation effort.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

"Aitor Bediaga" <Aitor.Bediaga@xxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2007 03:10 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] Spanish translation proposal (or again,        the translation topic)

Dear all,

At European Software Institute (ESI) we are doing some efforts to create a group of people interested in translating OpenUP/Basic from english to Spanish. Which are the steps for doing that is there any document explaing how to do it?

Can we use EPFWiki for that? Or we have to use bugzilla?

Regards,

Aitor.