[epf-dev] EPF Wiki applied fixes

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the feedback and pointers for improvements.

I improved FireFox/TinyMCE support:
  • checkin, checkout notes: didnt' work because some conflict with contentpage.js (of EPF) and the TinyMCE library.
  • image maps: changed TinyMCE configuration to the Full XHTML rule set  (thanks to Denis Beskov-Doronin for pointing out the solution)
  • mysterious text appearing at the top of page after editing: also solved with the TinyMCE config setting.

With regards to comments in other languages: currently there is no support for multiple languages. It might be usefull to add this: for instance this would allow you to post a question, comment and specify the language. And then, with a user preference, you would be able to specifiy the language of your choice or none. So I think for now we should allow it, and then in the future add language support to filter out what you don't want to see. I have added this to my growing list of features that I like to add.

Another note: editing process content still doesn't work very well. I think it doesn't make sense to use to edit processes using the Wiki? In order of 'decreasing' suitability you would use the edit functionality of the Wiki for:
  • authoring method content (including main elements: tasks, roles, work products)
  • adding links
  • adding guidance (new method content)

And never for processes?

Comments are fine anytime, anyplace, I think.

I enabled a feature that allows you to compare baselines processes. As an example I compared two weekly builds, see http://www.epfwiki.net/difference_analyses/show/1. If you access the information of a baseline process, it shows the diffs that apply to that baseline process, see for instance http://www.epfwiki.net/sites/show/8. You can download the diff in csv format by clicking on csv icon. If you are Windows it will open in MS Excel. Now that this info is available with the next revision of the site I will add this info to the info on a page (edit/info link).

Best Regards,

Onno