[epf-dev] RE: epf-dev Digest, Vol 15, Issue 12

Hello,

Wilos team is a group of students at the Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse (France). We are using new J2EE technologies as part of our Professional Institute of Computer Sciences Engineering course of studies (http://www.iup-ups.ups-tlse.fr/isi/).

This is the first year that students (33) use advanced technologies and follow a complete development cycle based on agile method: Scrum. The project began six months ago.

Wilos project (http://wilos.berlios.de) is process orchestration software developed under GPL (General Public License). It helps team members to manage a project through the execution of customizable processes taking from exported xml files of the Eclipse Process Framework. The process is based on the Software Process Engineering Management specification of the OMG standard (SPEM2).

The tool is composed of two parts:
- The main part is a Ajax web application that let actors to import processes, manage projects and teams. This application allows to manage different kinds of wilos users:
		--Process manager
			--- imports processes
			--- handles process information
		--Project director
			--- creates projects
			--- handles project information
		--Participant (standard wilos user)
			--- assigns himself to a project
			--- assigns himself as a project manager
			--- displays project items (description, etc.)
			--- associates/dissociates himself to process roles and process tasks
			--- starts, suspends, stops, resumes a task
			--- informs and manages accomplished time on tasks
		--Project Manager (specific Participant)
			--- instanciates a process in a project
			--- instanciates process roles in a project
			--- deletes tasks and roles
			--- masks some project items for his project participants
			--- consults project advancement

- A rich desktop client is provided as a personal assistant (looks like a famous Internet Messenger tool), which shows a user his roles and tasks for a given project. It supports his realisations by providing guidance, explanation and so on.
		--Participant (restricted Participant)
			--- displays his owned project items
			--- starts, suspends, stops, resumes a task
			--- informs and manages accomplished time on tasks
			--- displays guidances, steps, etc.
			--- download from wilos server associated guidances to a process

You talked about a wilos presentation to epf-dev community, we are enjoying about this idea !
What do you propose to Wilos team ?

Regards,

Wilos team.