[epf-dev] Fixes in OpenUP - need to freeze the library

Hi everyone,

We are fortunate to have a contribution from someone in IBM (Tushara Gangavaram) who ran a check on OpenUP/Basic content to evaluate its accessibility and globalization readiness.
Tushara is also offering her time to fix the errors found. See more details on the bugs below.

176835 ASSI EPF Content 0.9 1.0 M6 General - Check OpenUP/Basic content for accessibility
176836 ASSI EPF Content 0.9 1.0 M6 General - Check OpenUP/Basic content for globalization

Now here's the deal. Tushara is proposing to fix the errors next week, and the turnaround should be 2-3 days.
I'm writing this note to ask you if you - OpenUP content leaders and content authors - see any problem freezing the library from Monday through Wednesday next week. That would be the safest way to fix the problems, as Tushara has no write access to CVS. I'd intermediate the "check out" and "check in", but it is essential that no other changes are applied to the library in the mean time, so we don't have to merge xmi files :-(

If you have any objections, please let me know, otherwise your silence will be considered as "go ahead".

Please commit any changes today by 3PM PST, so I can generate a new build and post on the EPF web site. If you need more time, please let me know.

Thank you.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)