Re: [epf-dev] Lifecycle diagram revision

Hi All,

  I am a Ph.D student at Portland State University.  I have been monitoring EPF project for a while.  I am actually not a committer but I am studying the developer material at this moment.  My research area is Software Process and Metrics. I have read a lot about RUP and Agile methodology.  Attached are some ideas that I have regarding the life cycle model.  I borrow the idea from the RUP iterative diagram.  I think it helped me when I present to other students.

  The OpenUP1 is a bit cleaner.  It has inner circle as iterative diagram and the outer circle as the OpenUP Phases.  The size of each phase are different.  I try to convey the growth of work products.

  The OpenUP2 provide the view of work product growth.  I like Ana's idea about that.  However, people could interpret the larger of boxes as effort or duration for each phase, which is not quite correct.  That's why I have arrow called "Work Product".

   The diagrams and color are not set in stone.  I just like to convey my idea.  I hope that the digrams are not too far off from what you have in mind.

  There is an interesting analogy that I had when I think about the OpenUP2.  We can view the iteration circle as a wheel that tries to climb the slope to the finish line.  For each phase, we could put the milestones that need to be accomplished.

Best Regards,
Deen