[epf-dev] Meeting Minutes from the January 19th General and Overarching Issues Telecon

Attendees

Jim Ruehlin

Ricardo Balduino

Brian Lyons

Steve Adolph

Steve mentioned that Ana Valente Pereira and Scott Ambler have expressed interest contributing to General and Overarching issues.

Issue: 169282 General - Create Plan for creation and revision of general content.

Ricardo noted the plan proposed creating new content for the introduction and getting started. Steve said this was not the case, and while some new content may be created this should read “revise and review” content.

Ricardo also suggested that in the transition phase of the General and Overarching issues plan we should plan to create supporting presentations for OpenUP/Basic 1.0

Steve to revise the plan.

OpenUP/Basic Introduction (issue 164655 ) and Getting Started (issue 164654)

Jim has a good vision for the objectives of the OpenUP introduction and getting started. Therefore, these issues will be re-assigned to Jim Ruehlin.

OpenUP Case Study

170420

Sun 23:47

nor

P3

PC

ASSI

EPF

Content

1.0

---

OpenUP Case Studies

Steve will prepare a case study of Elastic Path’s experience with OpenUP.

Ricardo mentioned it may be possible to use the EPF composer team as a case study, but finding a resource on the composer team to prepare the case study may be problematic.

Work Product Examples (issue 146443 )

Steve may be able to acquire some of the Elastic Path work products for OpenUP examples.

Ricardo may be able to acquire some of the EPF composer teams work products.

The Agile 2006 Call for Papers ends January 26th. Brian said he would submit a proposal to the conference.

OpenUP core principles (issue 164685 )

Ricardo noted there is confusion regarding the terminology used with the OpenUP core principles. We have both principles and practices. In Steve’s view the practices were suppose to express how the core principles may be realized. Ricardo observed the term “practice” is overloaded and therefore quite confusing. Also it was noted there were too many layers between the core principles and discipline tasks. There was general agreement the core principles and practices must be simplified. Steve will try to create some examples to simplify the description of the core principles and make the link between the principles and the discipline tasks explicit.

It was noted that issue 169315 General - Create Concept Daily Stand Up Meetings may be a redundant with PM issue 170805 PM - Guideline: Daily Meetings.

We agreed this issue is a PM issue and not a General issue, the General issue will be closed.

Finally we all agreed that we miss Chris Sibald and he should start a course in writing effective meeting minutes.

Back to the top