[epf-dev] Examples or more to the point the lack thereof, issue 146443

Hello Everyone:

146443

18:30:49

enh

P3

PC

ASSI

EPF

Content

0.9

1.0.0

General - All disciplines: No examples

One significant issue with our content is the lack of examples. I will be creating a case study but this is not probably not sufficient as an example of OpenUP work products. The availability of examples and especially real examples (rather than contrived or toy examples) are an important enabler for the acceptance of OpenUP. In the best of all possible worlds we would have at least two examples of each work product – a casual version for a small non critical project and perhaps a more precise version for a larger perhaps critical project. This would demonstrate OpenUP can adapt to a range of products and that one size certainly never fits all.

What do I need from you? Part of our problem is that most of us are creating content for specific OpenUP disciplines (requirements, architecture, etc) so we may end up with a patch work of examples. I am willing to act as a coordinator to coordinate the creation of the examples and perhaps we will be able some consistency. In an ideal world, it would be as if all examples came from the same project. Therefore, what I need to find is from you – who is planning to create example work products.

Best regards,

Steve Adolph

Back to the top