[epf-dev] Discovered Size of OpenUP/Basic

The best estimate I have so far of the size of OpenUP/Basic is 542 pages
(8 ½ x 11). This is based on what’s in CVS as of 11/29/06. This should
give us an initial benchmark for our OpenUP/Basic 1.0 scoping efforts.

I determined the size by creating a PDF of the entire website, doing a
breadth-first walk along the links starting with the Intro page. I didn’
t see anything missing, but I only made a cursory examination of the PDF
file. Glossary terms, templates, and examples are included in the page
count. Also, many web pages are longer than 8 ½ x 11, so this estimate
is based on a book layout, not a website layout.

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer

Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer www.eclipse.org/epf