Re: [epf-dev] Content Roadmap (for Wed meeting)

Hi

I will not be able to attend the call... so here it goes my proposal for what I would like to do...

thanks

Ana

Per Kroll wrote:

Hi,

attached you find a very rough plan / roadmap for next release. Some of these things will be beyond next release. All, if you are interested in working on any of the listed content areas (or other content areas I missed) please make sure to let us know. We wiould like to expand the group developing content.

I tried to identify some of the content areas that needs to be addressed, and then identify the 'driving committer" that is responsible for moving that work forward. I would like the driving committer to work with their team (whoever they work with to get the work done) to establish when they can deliver what within that content area. I put together a high level project plan with the iterations, one for each calendar month, per previous agreement. Each driver should specify what they can accomplish by what iteration. Do not get too hang up of what iteration is marked as in what phase. we will adjust iteration objectives and phases based on what can realistically be accomplished. Also, note that many content areas have two entrires. As an example, I treat separately 'Creating a stand-alone XP process" from "Add XP guidelines to OpenUP",

Also, I would caution us strongly from trying to expand OpenUP/Basic to aggressively. It is fine to plug holes that we have, such as deployment, but let;s make sure that we get OpenUP/Basic to be really good before we defocus the team. We should cover more content priarily by growing the developer community, not by defocusing current developers to new areas, leaving us with ok, but not great content for the core.

Note that I will not be able to attend tomorrow's meeting, but if somebody wants to discuss or get clarifications, I am available at 11 AM EST, just call my cell..

Once the roadmap has stabilized a little, I will take the relevant subset and create a project plan from it...

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
(M) 408-219-2963

*"Brian Lyons" <blyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/24/2006 02:24 PM
Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	RE: [epf-dev] EPF Process Content Call, 10/25 [NEW TIME!]

hiho,

We usually do 8am pacific time because that is something that works across the Americas and in Europe. I am finding that a range of people are having trouble with the 8am pacific time, but can do 9am.

We will do the call for one hour at 9am pacific time tomorrow. I apologize for the late notice. Talk atcha tomorrow.