email: lowk@xxxxxxxxxx

"Alec Clews" <alecclews@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/18/2006 06:32 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Composer User Questions

G'Day,

I can't find a user mailing so I am hope this might be the correct
place to ask such questions:

1) When I open Composer and select a tutorial from the Welcome page I
get a error dialogue 'Unable to open web browser on {0}". Has anyone
seen this error?

Platform OpenSUSE 10.1 X86_84, JVM sun 1.4.2.11 x86. Composer 1.0.

I'm guessing that either there is a piece missing from my installation
or I need to point Composer at my copy of Firefox?

Kelvin> Yes but it might not work with the version of Firefox that comes bundled with SuSE 10.1. EPF Composer 1.0 is built on top of Eclipse 3.2 and on Linux, it requires a Mozilla, Firefox or Sea Monkey browser that is compiled with linkable Gecko libraries. See http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserlinux for more information.

Try adding the following setting to your SuSE 10.1 environment before running EPF Composer.

        MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/firefox

If it fails, try installing a Mozilla or Sea Monkey browser that contains the libwidget_gtk.so file.

2) Can I install Composer into my existing eclipse 3 installation?

Kelvin> EPF Composer 1.0 is a standalone Eclipse 3.2 RCP application. The zip file already contains the necessary Eclipse RCP runtime plug-ins. It is recommended that you do not unzip it over an existing Eclipse 3.x installation.

Many thanks

--
Alec Clews <alecclews@xxxxxxxxx>             Melbourne, Australia.
Jabber:  alecclews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             PGPKey ID: 0x9BBBFC7C