[epf-dev] Soliciting interest for an OpenUP Collaborative Practices Workshop

Hello Everyone:

With OpenUP 0.9 out the door we have some time to reflect and think about the relationship between the OpenUP core principles and the delivery process. In my view the inclusion of the core principles and particularly the collaborative principles is a good start. However, in many ways our core principles look too much like a pretty bag on the side despite collaboration being the center piece of the “round table”.  Does our delivery process reflect our core principles? What should we do to make the core principles central to our delivery process? I propose that we hold a small workshop to work on this issue.  This would not be an official Face-to-face meeting, rather a two day meeting to collaborate and work through and define what we mean by collaboration in OpenUP and how OpenUP should reflect its core principles.

Logistically we could meet at Whistler BC for two days either in the first week or early in the second week of December (read early ski season J ) for two days. I am assuming this will be a small workshop so we could rent a chalet (it is possible to rent fairly nice places in the early season for very reasonable prices, perhaps bring your partner). Perhaps ski/board/shop in the morning and work the afternoon and evening? If you are interested in participating in this workshop then please e-mail at steve at wsaconsulting dot com before Friday Oct 20th and I will begin organization of the workshop. To make this workshop viable at least four people will need to commit to attending

Best regards,

Steve Adolph

Back to the top