RE: [epf-dev] RE: Database Design content in OpenUP

Yes, I have to agree this is a post 9/30 issue. We are starting to collect some interesting ideas which we should discuss, debate, argue, and have a few hissy fits at a face-to-face meeting. We’re too close to the end to do any of these issue justice.

Best regards,

Steve

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Lyons
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 6:14 AM
To: Mark.Dickson@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epf-dev] RE: Database Design content in OpenUP

hiho,

At this point less than three weeks from our release date, I wouldn’t want to do any more than add a guideline or two that do not significantly affect the existing content.

For the scale of OpenUP/Basic, I don’t consider the Data Model anything more than a part of the design tuned to support that context.  But perhaps we can initiate a discussion of this during a face-to-face meeting with the OpenUP leadership after we get through this release.  I think we need to do a session on the coverage of both data and UI in the Basic process.

I support Ana’s idea that the data model could be considered a “view” in the architecture.  But that view would still reside in the design.