Re: [epf-dev] Eclipse Process Framework Question

Jeff,

If you are looking to contribute to the EPF tooling in this area, the EPF dev guide
http://www.eclipse.org/epf/composer_dev_guide/
is a good starting point and when you are ready, we can set up a web conference to go over the import API.

Charlie Yan
EPF Tooling Dev Lead
Phone: 408-342-4681

Kelvin Low/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/05/2006 08:41 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Eclipse Process Framework Question

Hi Jeff,

This could be a potential feature request for EPF Composer 2.0. Please submit a bugzilla RFE.

Note: EPF Composer currently does not support Microsoft Project import. It only supports exporting a process to Microsoft Project 2003 XML file.

Regards,

Kelvin

Kelvin Low
Software Architect
IBM Method and IC Engineering
tel:  408-342-4630
fax: 408-863-4144
email: lowk@xxxxxxxxxx

jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/04/2006 06:48 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Eclipse Process Framework Question

I am interested in importing a project plan from Microsoft Project, in XML or another form, parsing it into objects, and then filtering and displaying it.
I have seen some interesting looking classes and interfaces as part of the EPF project.

Am I correct in assuming that this type of import is one of the goals of EPF?   How could I learn more about the work you have done with importing and manipulating information from Microsoft Project?