[epf-dev] Method Authoring Method

Hello all,

Attached is a small method authoring process for EPF. It’s just contains the reviewing steps we agreed to at the August committers meeting, a few guidelines imported from the EPF Plug-in Development Guide, and a delivery process with some tasks/activities in the Construction phase.

My goal was to begin to document the decisions we make about how to develop methods and method content. This is just an initial sketch. No doubt we’ll change names, dependencies, etc. But it does document our decision from the last meeting and show how this process might take shape as we make future decisions.

I’ve also checked the source into CVS under the Libraries directory.

Assuming we start logging bugs/changes against this method, I propose we preface the description with “MA” for Method Authoring so it’s easy to distinguish.

Bug Note: There are two guidances, a tool mentor and a practice, that do not publish. The regular guidelines publish fine. I’d appreciate it if someone could see if they can publish those guidances. If not, it may be an EPF Composer bug.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer

Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer

email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx

phone:  760.505.3232

fax:      949.369.0720

Back to the top