Re: [epf-dev] Package owner call - PM status

Chris and others,

I may not be able to participate in tomorrow's call due to an emergency, so here is my input in case I cannot make it.

Of the bugzilla entries I am responsible for, I suggest that we descope (for Sep 30 release):
<<I have not seen meeting minutes from DC meeting, so I do not know if this is consistent with discussions there or not>>

Checklists:
Row 9:
Row 12:
I think you can manage without Checklists....
Should we remove all Checklists?

Examples:
Row 23:
Row 25:
Should we remove all Examples?
I know Examples are really good to look at, so we may want to keep them...

I also heard that there were discussions around descoping guidelines, but I felt my guidelines:
Row 26:
Row 32:
are crucial to understand these concepts, so I would like to keep them, and I will committ to get them at least to state Resolved in this iteration..

I would however favor skipping a lot of other guidelines, such as
Row 27:
Row 28:
Row 29: <<I could cover that topic in either Conept Iteration or Guideline: Iteration planning>>
Row 39:
Row 40:
I am sure a lot of other Guidelines could be descoped.

Also, I would appreciate a quick sanity check on the following items so I can put them into state resolved, see attached (For some reason, I could not access Bugzilla right now, so I will do updates over the weekend if not before.) Also, it would be great to have a volunteer to further review what I am working on, see attached:
Row 49:
Row 51:  <<Proposed name: Manage Iteration>>
Row 57:
Row 61:
<Only the 4 items mentioned above are read for review at thsi time>

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"Chris Armstrong" <chris.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/16/2006 09:18 AM

Please respond to
chris.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Package owner call - PM status

I'll be unable to participate in this morning's package owner call. I'm still working on quantifying things, but we do have several items that are resolved (or pretty close), so we should be in a position to review some stuff shortly (perhaps at this Friday's PM call). I've had great response from people volunteering to help and am working to get my arms around the priorities and assignments. Again, hope to have that together for Friday's call.

Thanks, Chris ~:|

Chris Armstrong ~:|
President

Armstrong Process Group, Inc.