From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Haumer
Sent: vrijdag 28 juli 2006 2:15
To: epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epf-dev] How to access the OpenUP Wiki

Hello.
Thanks to everyone joining the conference call today and especially thank you Onno for walking us through the Wiki capabilities and setting up the server.

For everyone else: The Wiki server is now available for you to 'play and learn'.  Find below the links to the recordings of today's training session on how to use it as well as the overview presentation from the 13th.  You can directly access the Wiki at this address: http://lcmglab.xs4all.nl using MS Internet Explorer.  (The 'good' browser is not supported, yet.) You need to sign-up for an account.  You will receive an email with a link to confirm the account creation and then you are ready to go.  Go to this page http://lcmglab.xs4all.nl/rupwiki/info to find additional instructions if you need more details after reviewing the raindance recording.  Feel free to 'mess around' as much as you want in the current Wiki as the current stage is for playing and learning only.  We will upload a fresh new version when the experiment starts.

We would like to propose the following plan on how to proceed:

  • EPF Committer and contributor familiarize themselves with the Wiki technology by signing up and playing until the end of next week.
  • We schedule a call in which people discuss their experience with the technology and ask questions (to Onno :-).
  • In the same call we define a process on how to use the Wiki with the public, how to harvest feedback, assign responsibilities (e.g. discipline owners harvest from their disciplines), when and how generate Bugzilla's, when to upload new versions of OpenUP to the Wiki, etc.
  • We write up an introduction page for the public wiki experiment explaining the scope and communicating the usage model to be posted in the Wiki as well as EPF homepage.
  • We clean-up the Wiki, upload the latest OpenUP version, and announce the Wiki experiment to the public

Let me know what you think about this plan.  I suggest to do the mentioned follow-up meeting on

        Monday, August 7th, 8am PT, 11am ET, 4pm UK, 5pm Europe

Dial-up information:
1.
Go to http://cpc.on.raindance.com
2.
Click on "Join Unscheduled Meeting" on the left
3.
Enter your details and the following conference ID: 2816556. Select the "Full Version" radio button, click "Join now"
4.
Raindance will check your system and might prompt you to install a few files.  It will then bring up the conference tool.
5.
Dial the following phone number: USA 800-528-2856, International: 770-325-4737
6.
When asked, enter the same conference ID on the phone as well: 2816556

Access the recording of Today's Training Session:

RECORDED CONFERENCE SUMMARY

Title:

0727-Wiki_Training_Session

07/27/2006

Start Time:

07:55 AM US/Pacific

Duration:

57 minutes

Presenter:

(not provided)

RECORDED CONFERENCE DESCRIPTION
Onno teaching us how to set-up the Wiki, upload OpenUP, review changes and comments, harvest the changes, and upload a new version of OpenUP.

ACCESS THE RECORDING
Click here to access this recorded conference or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://cpc.on.raindance.com/confmgr/view_stored_doc.jsp?docId=9141138394397154175497351887&docType=recording

TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have any issues accessing this recorded conference, please contact technical support at: 1.888.966.8686 or online at http://www.raindance.com/rndc/support/techSupport.jsp

Access the recording of the Overview Presentation:

RECORDED CONFERENCE SUMMARY

Title:

0713-LogicaCMG_Wikis_and_EPF

07/13/2006

Start Time:

07:29 AM US/Pacific

Duration:

61 minutes

Presenter:

(not provided)

RECORDED CONFERENCE DESCRIPTION
Onno van der Straaten presents Wiki technology developed by Logica CMG that they use with EPF Composer published content.

ACCESS THE RECORDING
Click here to access this recorded conference or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://cpc.on.raindance.com/confmgr/view_stored_doc.jsp?docId=98369648465696327443130962067&docType=recording

TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have any issues accessing this recorded conference, please contact technical support at: 1.888.966.8686 or online at http://www.raindance.com/rndc/support/techSupport.jsp.

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
Rational Method Composer | Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
Tel.: +1 408 863-8716