RE: [epf-dev] OpenUP Overview Diagram

Title: OpenUP Overview Diagram

A related item that came up in discussions at the conference this week was Per’s notion of a greater focus on patterns. Anything could be flagged as a pattern, not just Capability Patterns. For instance, a single task such as Design the Solution could be flagged as a pattern. The “pattern” is really the task and all elements associated to the task.

I imagine this would result in a page being published for each pattern that shows the flagged element in the middle and surrounded with all related elements (roles, work products, guidances, CPs, DPs). Perhaps elements that are their own patterns could be shown with an extra glyph so users can see collaborating patterns.

Thoughts?

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer

Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer

email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx

phone:  760.505.3232

fax:      949.369.0720