[epf-dev] TOGAF EPF Proof-of-Concept

Title: TOGAF EPF Proof-of-Concept

I am pleased to announce that last week The Open Group Architecture Forum approved a proof-of-concept for describing the Architecture Development Method (ADM) using EPF Composer. Our fundamental goal is to show the Architecture Forum what ADM might look like in EPF Composer so we (APG is a member of the forum) can collectively decide whether EPF should be the process authoring and asset management tool of choice for ADM moving forward. Currently in TOGAF8.1, the ADM is a 400 page HTML/PDF document that is somewhat unwieldly. TOGAF9 (the next version) is currently being described with BPMN, but many (myself included) feel that while that may have some value, it will definitely fall short in managing all TOGAF-related process assets. At the end of the day, if TOGAF/ADM was in EPF Composer, it is our belief that a significant barrier to adoption will be removed -- as it relates organizations trying to incorporate enterprise architecture best practices and for the practicing architect trying to do meaningful work on real projects. I'll keep you posted as our subsequent plans become more defined.

Thanks, Chris ~:|

Chris Armstrong ~:|
President
Armstrong Process Group, Inc.
651.491.5575 c
715.246.0383 f
www.aprocessgroup.com
    "proven practical process"

Come see APG at:
Agile 2006 International Conference
Minneapolis, MN, July 23-28, 2006 - www.agile2006.com
14th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference
Minneapolis, MN, September 11-15, 2006 - www.re06.org

Back to the top