[epf-dev] Call for Speakers: ProjectWorld*BusinessAnalystWorld Toronto 2007

FYI

Seems to me that some of us should be submitting topics to this conference
on EPF/Open UP.

- Scott
===========================

Call for Presentations

Special Note - our conference is earier in '07 - March 26 - so this Call for
Presentations is also due earlier than usual - September 1st!

Diversified Business Communications is currently accepting presentation
proposals for

ProjectWorld & BusinessAnalystWorld 2007

Share your knowledge and experience with other business professionals at
these
important events
Our conferences in Toronto will include a two-day symposium consisting of
five
Project Management tracks and three Business Analyst tracks.  We are
looking for
presentations from local organizations focused on lessons learned and
stories from
the field.

We are looking for:

* Innovative, revolutionary, state-of-the-art material you're dying to
share with
all of us
* Practical information: "How to…, " tips, tricks and tools of the trade
to use the
next day
* Case studies: "Here's how Company X …" * Business benefits – how the
bottom line
is affected
Your proposal should fit one of the following areas:

ProjectWorld
Advanced topics:
EAC, EPM, Advanced PM, Beyond Advanced PM, Advanced PM "Soft Skills"  EPM,
OPM3, Six
Sigma, MM, Contracts, Procurement, Negotiating, Leadership and Team
Management
Other topics:
Any case study demonstrating the effects of the implementation of project
management
practices
Any PMBOK or related topics

BusinessAnalystWorld
Requirements Management  *  Usability Engineering
 Case Studies and Stories from the Field  *  Business Architecture
and any other related topic.

Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2006.
In order to manage these proposals as efficiently as possible, we have
created a
Proposal Submission form for everyone to use.   You can access this form
at directly
at:
www.formdesk.com/diversified/SpeakerProposalsToronto2007

Or you will find the form at our web site:  www.projectworldcanada.com.
Any questions?  email tcook@xxxxxxxxxx

See next page for topic ideas…

Please forward this to others who may be interested in presenting!

Here are some ideas...
For the Business Analysts:
PM understanding the BA
BA understanding the PM
What process work for the BA
Facilitation techniques for requirements gathering
We should be banking our lessons learned – stop reinventing the wheel
Mentoring the new BA
What comes first?  The BA or the PM
The BA – is there a career path?  What's next for the BA?
Where do we find good BA's – how to we train them?
What the heck is a BA?
Selling the BA role within your organization
The combo role of BA and PM – how?  Does it work?
When should a BA enter the lifecycle of a project?
Technical writing – a skill for all BA's?
How to work with developers
Communication skills of the BA
Requirements gathering basics
Proposing change with opposition
QA people – requirements driven testing
Good BA's make mistakes – admit it
Estimating – BA's can help
How long should the requirements phase be?
Find those stakeholders – and now what ?
Power without authority
Conflict management
Strategic management needs the BA
Tools – what is out there?
Agile methodologies
Data modeling for the BA

and for the project managers:

looking at cultural differences within today's project teams
selling up to senior management, stakeholders, sponsors
portfolio management
EPM
Program management
All soft skills
Original research
Stories from the field – possibly ask project of the year award winners
Update from the Olympic project team
Career development for the project manager
A panel discussion on the career of a PM – what's next?  Where do we go
from here?
Team Building in an hour – the project kick off
Managing your boss
Influence without authority
Leadership skills
Coaching
How to say STOP THE PROJECT and still keep your job
The three months after the project is delivered – the gray space

Practice Leader Agile Development, IBM Rational
http://www.ambysoft.com/scottAmbler.html

Refactoring Databases (
http://www.ambysoft.com/books/refactoringDatabases.html ) is now
available.